Friday, July 1, 2011

An adorable ball of trouble

Cheeks has been exploring and testing his limits with us lately.  It is soooooo hard not to laugh and smile at some of the things he does that he really shouldn't be doing.  Let's take our dog for example.  Harley just had surgery on her knee and is on strict crate rest for awhile.  Well Cheeks has figured out how to unlock her crate.  It has turned into his new favorite thing to do.  We have done the firm "NO".  We have counted to three...1 - 2 - 3.  We have redirected.  It came down to a potch on the rear end (to which he responded to with a smile and I felt so guilty!!)  He finally got bored and went on.  About an hour later, I was in the kitchen washing up dishes and he was running back and forth from the kitchen to the living room (where Harley is).  Next thing I know, I am hearing the sound of a dog running on the floor.  Um.  Cheeks???  What did you do???  Harley comes trotting into me with a big doggy grin.  I lead her back to the living room - to find Cheeks standing by the dog crate playing with it.  OY!!!  It's so hard to get mad at him - he was just trying to give his puppy a bit of freedom.  But I had to put on my mommy hat - and he got a stern talking to. 

Last night, Cheeks woke up crying around 3am.  Doc went and got him and brought him into bed with us.  We don't do this often, but it's nice every now and then.  As soon as he lies down in the middle of us, he pops up and decides it's playtime.  Really Cheeks???  He is pointing to everything.  He is sticking his fingers up my nose.  He is babbling away.  After 45 minutes, we make the short trip back to his crib.  I lay him down, and with one very short "WAH", he was fast asleep again.  I was exhausted this morning - but I will probably treasure that time we spent this morning forever - it was pretty cute after all.  And exhaustion is nothing a little Java Monster can't fix :) :)

So Cheeks is definitely testing us.  For the most part we don't give in - but there are times that I just can't help it.  I am human after all - you can't deny so much cuteness ALL time time :)  And now some pics:





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Cheeks is just so advanced that he is showing his terrible twos early ;) At least that is what we keep saying concerning Little Monster's limits testing, haha