Friday, July 8, 2011

Much needed vacation...coming right up!

Doc and I are gearing up to take our first *major* road trip with Cheeks (and together as a matter of fact).  We are driving from Central FL to Upstate NY!  We are very excited - and slightly nervous.  We are going to have a carful:  Doc, Cheeks, me, Harley (our dog), and Sophia (our cat - or soon to be ex-cat).  We were going to leave Harley here with a friend - but once she went and busted up her knee, we decided it's best she come along with us so we can keep an eye on her activity levels.  I don't want to - but because of the amount of space we have, and the lack of attention they have gotten lately - we have decided to find new homes for a couple of our kitties.  Sophia is going to a fantastic home - a friend of my Aunt and Uncles.  They love cats and are very excited to have her.  I hope we are making the right decision - I believe Sophie will be happier.

So we leave at 3:00am tomorrow.  I am nervous about Cheeks being in the car for so long.  We are breaking up the trip into two days - so hopefully it won't be too bad for him.  Between all the Fresh Beat Band episodes we downloaded to the iPad, the toy cars, the coloring books/paper, and books for him to look through, we SHOULD be good - fingers crossed!!

I cannot wait to get away and enjoy nature for a bit.  Upstate New York is beautiful - and this time of year is so much more pleasant up there than it is down here.  I'm excited for Cheeks to experience soft grass instead of the "cut your skin" blades of grass we have in FL.  Chasing lightening bugs is definitely on the agenda - as is a trip into the city with our family. 

Now - if the work day would just be over, vacation can START :) :)

No comments: