Thursday, June 16, 2011

Excited and Nervous

So tonight Doc leaves to go to Ohio to visit her Dad for father's day.  I took this afternoon, tomorrow, and Monday off of work to spend with Cheeks.  My mom and dad are coming up on Saturday so Cheeks can see one of his grandpas (and I can see my dad) on Father's Day.  I am SO excited about this weekend. 

At the same time, I am slightly nervous about this afternoon and tomorrow.  I am Cheeks' mommy - but this is going to be the first time I've been completley alone with him overnight.  Doc is the stay at home mom in our family - and I have had to travel for work, so she has done it before.  I am a newbie at it.  I am not nervous about being alone with him.  We are going to have a blast!  I'm nervous about the sillier things - like when will I shower?  How will I make dinner?  People do it all time time - I am just a wee bit nervous for my first time!

That being said, I have a fantastic weekend planned out for us.  Tonight we are ordering in pizza for dinner and then going to the Y (I am taking a water aerobics class, and Cheeks is going to play).  Once we get home, we are going to play, take a bath, and have bedtime.  I am then planning to clean a bit after he goes to bed.

Tomorrow, we are going to wake up and have breakfast.  We are then going to the mall to play (they have a very cool play area in the middle of our mall - Cheeks loves it!)  After the mall and lunch, we will go home for naptime.  When he wakes up - more play, dinner, more play again, bedtime, and more cleaning for me.

Then, Saturday Grandma and Grandpa G come to visit!!  Woo hoo!! :)  We are going to a fun fair at our mall (gee - we sure are going to the mall a lot lol) called Touch a Truck.  Cheeks loves is cars/trucks - so this should be fun for him.  They have real fire trucks, police cars, construction trucks - and the kids can play/take pics/etc.

Sunday hasn't fully been planned yet - but I do know we are going to BBQ ribs for Grandpa for Father's Day! 

All in all I am very excited about the weekend.  Here's to hoping it's as great as I am expecting :)

No comments: